The president is the chief executive officer of the Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce (LGRCC), a non-profit organization, serving the five counties surrounding Lake Gaston – Brunswick & Mecklenburg, VA, and Halifax, Northampton & Warren, NC – with the Chamber office located on the NC side of Lake Gaston (Warren County). The president reports to the board of directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. This is a full-time senior staff position.
- Promote the LGRCC throughout the region with the objective to increase membership, sponsorship and community support
- Develop and oversee membership programs that provide membership engagement, retention, and growth
- Promote participation in all areas of the organization’s work
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, and the bylaws and of the organization
- Manage the finances of the Chamber, involving the preparation of an annual budget and long-range forecast of financial need
- Ensure all financial filings are completed, working with the LGRCC accountant
- Coordinate, attend and participate in board, executive committee, and other committee meetings
- Supervise, direct and manage the LGRCC staff
- Develop plans and implement strategies for marketing and communication
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals
- Ensure regular and professional communication to the membership
- Maintain sound working relationships with the Board of Directors, committees, membership, government officials at all levels, media, business owners, other organization leaders, and the public
- Assist those interested in starting or relocating businesses to the LGRCC area
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-yr college or university (preferred) and/or equivalent experience in marketing, management, business, and communications
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of vision for the mission of the Chamber
- Strong working knowledge of organizational management and fundamental applications involving planning, analyses, marketing, and information technology
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and communications to include print media, press releases, social media and developing marketing materials and brochures
- Organizational skills, including planning, decision-making, execution, and evaluation
- Energetic self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to take the initiative while working in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Word, Excel, database management, publishing software, internet, and email
- Bondable, background check and references required
Commensurate with experience and background.
Some travel and use of personal vehicle required. Travel during the workday is compensated at the IRS mileage rate. Some after-hours work required.
The Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.