6th Annual Big Splash Raffle Rules
- Thank you for participating in the 6th Annual Lake Gaston Big Splash Raffle. We have over $50,000 worth of prizes being awarded this year. Please keep this brochure handy, as you will need it for reference if you are one of the raffle winners.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Everyone who purchases a ticket is eligible to win a prize, including chamber members, chamber board members, chamber staff and their families. There are NO exceptions.
- Only 1500 tickets will be sold. There are 10 prizes. Odds of winning are based on the number of ticket entries purchased up to 1500. Purchasers of multiple raffle tickets are eligible to win multiple prizes.
- Recipients of prizes valued at more than $5,000 are required to pay the Lake Gaston Regional Chamber 24% of the fair market value of the prize minus the amount of the wager ($50). The 24% will be remitted to the US Treasury by the Chamber as income tax withheld on the winner’s behalf and reported as such on 2022 Form W2G in January 2023.
- Raffle tickets will be sold beginning Wednesday, May 25, and will conclude at midnight on Wednesday, August 31, or until sold out. The winning tickets will be selected at random via livestream from the Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page on Friday, September 2, beginning at 5pm.
- Via livestream, a visible timer set for 10 minutes will commence once phone number is dialed. If no contact is made within 10 minutes via phone number(s) provided your chance of winning is forfeited. A new ticket will be drawn and the process will start over.
- The first ticket drawn will have the first choice in selecting their prize from the list. Once selected the second ticket drawn will have their choice from the remaining prizes. This process will continue until the last winning ticket is assigned to the last available prize.
- Ticket purchases are non-refundable and are not tax-deductible.